Twenty Twenty Twenty Four Hours Ago
March 12, 2008
I’m happy to report that everyone here is quite happy and healthy, and that I’m 100% ridiculously in love with our little dude. It’s like a thunderbolt crashed through our room yesterday morning and completely rearranged our little corner of the universe. I’d gladly sever a couple of my limbs for the guy if he needed it, which is an offer that does not extend to anyone else. It’s weird and irrational and absolutely wonderful.
Some fun facts for the family and other similarly inclined folks:
* He smells good. Seriously. It’s kind of a funny, sweet smell. I can’t get enough of it. I feel like some sort of weird addict — a baby huffer of sorts.
* When he was born, he came out sideways, with a pretty awesome and lopsided cone head. I have pictures. They will be shared. He also has quite the bruise on his head from being positioned funny on the way out. The docs say things will round out and heal up just fine, though.
* He’s very alert, but quiet. He had his first good cry last night, but otherwise he enjoys looking around, snuffling, sighing, and smacking his lips.
* He’s eating well. Pretty enthusiastic about the whole process, so no problems there.
* All that advice about sleeping? Yeah, we get it now!
* We’ll be discharged on Thursday morning. Today we’re just resting and visiting with friends and family.
* Elliott posted a couple more thoughts on his blog. He seems to be into it.
Our deepest gratitude to everyone who’s visited, called, e-mailed, or commented here on the blog. It’s wonderful to have such a supportive community, virtual and otherwise!